philosophies

"in my heart, i think a woman has two choices: either she's a feminist or a masochist" --gloria steinem

"the main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything . . . or nothing." --lady nancy astor

Monday, December 3, 2007

Festivus Among Us

current mood: jubilant

I'm so festive this year. And it mostly has to do with my fabulous living situation and partner who actually appreciates-- participates in--such frivolity with me. It's my first year with a Christmas tree since moving out from my sister four years ago. Various excuses have kept me from going through the trouble (or fun) of decorating my house, including a roommate who didn't care about the holidays much, the fact that no one ever visited, the cost and consumerism of it all, and a general lack of joy and passion around the holidays because of too-much-work-to-do and long-distance relations...

But this year is different. I love him and I love holidays and I love our first Christmas tree. If I can break through my two jobs and intense December workload, we might even have a holiday party...so look out. Ho ho ho...





No comments: